In the 4-H Computers and Technology project, you will learn to interact with computers and technologies to explore the world of coding, information systems, GPS/GIS, robotics, media production, and more.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- 4-H STEM Lab
- 4-H STEM Challenge
- ORNL Summit – Located at Oak Ridge National Labs in Oak Ridge, TN, Summit is a 200-petaflop machine that can perform 200 quadrillion (peta-) floating point operations per second (-flops). If every person on Earth completed one calculation per second, it would take the world population 305 days to do what Summit can do in 1 second.
- 4-H GIS/GPS Facebook Page
Service Project Ideas
- Volunteer to help younger children with computer work at a community center.
- Start a printer cartridge recycling program at your school.
- Help senior citizens learn computer skills.
- Tutor children using computer teaching games.
- Use GPS/GIS to make a map of your community.
- Design a website or PowerPoint to promote your community or educate others about your community’s history.