The 4-H Consumer Education project will help you learn about being a good consumer as you explore smart shopping, income and expenses, saving money, credit, and needs vs. wants.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- Consumer Reports for Kids
- Tennessee Saves
- See the new currency designs and more from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Learn about the FDIC from Carmen Cents
- Learn how the Federal Reserve System creates money, how checks are cleared, and more
- H.I.P. Pocket Change
- Money Central Station
- Savings Bonds for Kids
- Understanding Taxes for Students
- Jump$tart, to learn about basic personal financial management skills
- The Mint
- Mortgage and Financial Calculators
- Mortgage and Refinance Calculator
Service Project Ideas
- Make and display a poster about saving money.
- Donate gently used clothes or toys to a needy family.
- Keep an activity calendar updated for your family.