The 4-H Consumer Education project will help you learn about being a good consumer as you explore smart shopping, income and expenses, saving money, credit, and needs vs. wants.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Information for Project Leaders
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- Consumer Reports for Kids
- Tennessee Saves
- See the new currency designs and more from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Learn about the FDIC from Carmen Cents
- Learn how the Federal Reserve System creates money, how checks are cleared, and more
- H.I.P. Pocket Change
- Money Central Station
- Savings Bonds for Kids
- Understanding Taxes for Students
- Jump$tart, to learn about basic personal financial management skills
- The Mint
- Mortgage and Financial Calculators
- Mortgage and Refinance Calculator
Service Project Ideas
- Make and display a poster about saving money.
- Donate gently used clothes or toys to a needy family.
- Keep an activity calendar updated for your family.