Learn about the exciting world of electricity through the 4-H Electric project. Atoms and electricity, current and voltage, generating electricity, electrical circuits and applications, and using electricity safely – it’s all here for you.
4-H Electric Camp is a fun-filled, rewarding adventure in electricity for young people enrolled in grades six and seven. The camp features learning centers staffed by electric utility professionals.
The Tennessee Electric Cooperative Association is an electric cooperative distributing and selling affordable energy.
The National Energy Education Development Project trains and provides teachers with resources and opportunities to educate their classrooms.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Information for Project Leaders
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- How Does Electricity Work
- Electric Box
- Energy Kids
- The Power of Electricity (University of Florida IFAS Extension)
- Information and activities on static electricity
Service Project Ideas
- Conduct an electric safety hazard hunt in your home and the homes of your friends and neighbors.
- Make and display posters about electric safety.
- Teach younger children about electric safety.