The 4-H Animal Science Program offers Tennessee youth valuable educational opportunities through raising, exhibiting, and judging livestock and horses. 4-H Animal Science participants are challenged with real-life issues as they learn responsibility through raising, showing, and judging horses and livestock. Species included in the 4-H Livestock and Horse programs include Beef, Dairy, Goat, Horse, Poultry, Sheep, and Swine.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Information for Project Leaders
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference
- National 4-H Poultry Judging Contest Manual
- National 4-H Chicken Barbecue Contest
- National 4-H Turkey Barbecue Contest
- Incubation and Embryology (University of Illinois Extension)
- Incredible Edible Egg
- Poultry breeds (Oklahoma State University)
- Livestock e-quiz (University of Illinois Extension)