In the 4-H Engineering/Safety Science project, you will learn about safety and a variety of engineering areas from bicycles and lawn mowers to leaf blowers, tractors, and automobiles. Gain knowledge about safety and a variety of engineering areas.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- Teen Driving from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 4-H Bicycle Project (Purdue University)
- 4-H Engineering (Purdue University)
- Bicycle safety
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute (check out the quiz under the “Teachers and Student Teachers” section!)
- Rover, the Home Safety Hound
- Staying safe in the car and on the bus
- Tennessee Electric Cooperative Association
Service Project Ideas
- Conduct a safety hazard hunt in your home.
- Make Velcro pant straps for a young bike rider.
- Make an exhibit about motor oils or spark plugs. Display in a public place.
- Make a safety flyer for your classmates.