Jenny Yeary (backpack and cinch bags) and Former University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture Workers Association (cash award)
- Each delegate to Tennessee 4-H Congress will prepare an essay of no more than 500 words on the Congress theme.
- Each region will submit one essay for state competition. The state winner will be chosen from the three regional winners.
- Each essay will be judged on the following scale:
- Subject matter contest – 50 points
- Grammatical composition – 30 points
- Originality-creativity – 15 points
- Neatness – 5 points
- Regional winners: 4-H cinch bag and a $25 cash award.
- State winner: Backpack