Tennessee 4-H Alumni, Inc.
- To recognize junior high 4-H members who have made significant contributions in the area of 4-H promotion.
- To recognize junior high 4-H members who have shown leadership ability both on an individual basis and with an organized group.
- To recognize junior high 4-H members who have participated in activities which are of value to the 4-H member’s family and community.
- To recognize junior high 4-H members who have shown consistent personal growth through participation in 4-H activities.
- Must be a junior high 4-H member.
- Must complete a Tennessee 4-H Report Form and submit it to their local Extension agent. In addition, the 4-H member must attach the following information on the report form:
- A description of community service projects in which they have participated this year. (This may be as an individual or part of an organized group.)
- A written paragraph (or more) stating what contributions 4-H has made to their individual growth and family life.
- Members may submit a 4-H achievement record book in lieu of the items listed in number 2-b (above).
- Each county may recommend two members. In addition to these two members, a county may recommend one member for each 100 or major fraction thereof junior high 4-H members in the county. This number to be based on the junior high enrollment on July 1 of the current year.
- Recommendations for membership shall be approved by the county Extension agents who will forward the names of the recipients to the state 4-H office.
- A member may receive this award only one time.
Each recipient will receive a Tennessee Junior High 4-H Continuing Service Award certificate.