To give deserved recognition to 4-H members and others on a statewide basis who have particularly outstanding records in project achievement, leadership and service in 4-H.
- Members must be an active 4-H member.
- Members must have been enrolled in the 11th or 12th school grade on January 1 of the current calendar year.
- Members must be an active 4-H All Star.
- Members must be in attendance at State 4-H Roundup.
- Each county may recommend two members. In addition to these two members, a county may recommend one member or each 100 or major fraction thereof senior 4-H members in the county and one member for each 10 or major fraction thereof active 4-H All Stars in the county.
- County UT/TSU Extension agents will indicate during the 4-H Roundup pre-registration all members who are recommended to receive the Vol State Award. $10 per nominee will be submitted to the regional office on the date announced by the regional staff.
- Once approved by the regional staff, the names are forwarded to the state 4-H office for final approval.