The 4-H Animal Science Program offers Tennessee youth valuable educational opportunities through raising, exhibiting, and judging livestock and horses. 4-H Animal Science participants are challenged with real-life issues as they learn responsibility through raising, showing, and judging horses and livestock. Species included in the 4-H Livestock and Horse programs include Beef, Dairy, Goat, Horse, Poultry, Sheep, and Swine.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- Breeds of Swine
- Livestock E-quiz (University of Illinois Extension)
- Swine Information from the 4-H Program in California
Service Project Ideas
- Plan and conduct a swine showmanship clinic for younger members.
- Arrange questions and hold a swine quiz bowl.
- Organize a judging clinic.
- Volunteer your baby pig for ag-in-the-classroom event at school.
- Volunteer to help at the county livestock judging event at the swine station.