Skip to content
RULES AND PROCEDURE
- There will be two age divisions:
- Junior (4th-8th grades)
- Senior (9th-12th grades)
- The contest has three separate, but equal parts.
- Part I: Written test – Questions will come from the Tennessee 4-H Horse Bowl Handbook.
- Part II: Identification – “The Horse Industry Handbook” is a reference for this part.
- Part III: Horse judging – Two classes of horses will be judged.
- Individuals who have been members of the state senior division first place team will not be eligible to compete in the State Hippology Contest in future years.
- Four junior and four senior teams from each region may compete in the state contest.
- The champion senior team is eligible to compete in Eastern National Contest in Louisville, Kentucky at their own expense.