A fund established from the state 4-H club account in memory of G. L. Herrington, State 4-H Club Leader, 1919-1947
- Must have been accepted by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for admission as a freshman in the Herbert College of Agriculture.
- Applicants will be high school seniors at the time of application.
- Applications are due in the state 4-H office no later than March 1.
- Selection of the recipient will be made by the scholarship committee of the University of Tennessee College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, based upon recommendations of a committee appointed annually by the dean of UT Extension.
- The scholarship will be paid in equal amounts for two semesters. Payments are to be withheld if the recipient fails to do creditable work.
- The recipient will receive a scholarship to attend State 4-H Roundup.
- 4-H record – 40%
- Financial need – 30%
- Academic scholarship – 30%