A fund established by friends in memory of Richard Shadden
- Applicant must have been accepted as a freshman at any college/university.
- Open to 4-H members from the “Upper Eight” counties of the Eastern Region with preference given first to members from Washington County and second to members from Carter, Greene, Hancock, Johnson, Sullivan and Unicoi counties.
- The scholarship awardee will not be the recipient of any other scholarship benefit.
- Member’s 4-H record – 40%
- Financial need – 30%
- Academic achievement – 30%