The 4-H Veterinary Science project is for you if you’re interested in learning about animal health and behavior, and how modern veterinary practices increase animals’ health, comfort, recreation, and livestock values.
UT College of Veterinary Medicine
The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine (UTCVM) was established by an act of the Tennessee Legislature in 1974. The College is part of the University of Tennessee statewide system and is located on the agricultural campus of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Service Project Ideas
- Volunteer to work at a veterinary clinic or animal shelter.
- Take care of someone else’s pet.
- Help find homes for pets at an animal shelter.
- Conduct an educational “show-and-tell” about animal care.
- Collect food and supplies for an animal shelter.
- Have a dog wash to raise money to help low-income families get good preventative care for their pets (such as shots, heartworm tablets, teeth cleanings, flea control, etc.)