Learn about wildlife and the habitats in which they live. Check out outdoor sports, such as fishing and hunting, including:
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
This lesson serves as an introduction for several concepts associated with urban forestry. It introduces the concept of a community forest, which is implemented by students who apply knowledge gained through the learning experience in a practical way.
Information for Project Leaders
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for you project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
Service Project Ideas
- Teach younger children how to make pine cone bird feeders
- Make and display posters about environmental science & conservation
- Set up a recycling box for aluminum cans
- Raise a goldfish with students in a day care — teach them how to care for their fish
- Teach a hunter safety course
- Have a fishing contest to raise money for a local charity
- Organize a river clean-up day
- Help senior citizens make Christmas ornaments from used items (such as bottles or light bulbs)
- Help neighbors create a compost pile sponsor a program to take kids on “a day in the woods”