The world runs on energy. Learn how energy is produced and how to conserve energy for future generations. In addition, learn how to be safe around energy.
4-H Electric Camp is a fun-filled, rewarding adventure in electricity for young people enrolled in grades six and seven. The camp features learning centers staffed by electric utility professionals.
The UT Extension Department of Family and Consumer Sciences is composed of top professionals in every county in Tennessee using research-based education.
The Tennessee Electric Cooperative Association is an electric cooperative distributing and selling affordable energy.
The National Energy Education Development Project trains and provides teachers with resources and opportunities to educate their classrooms.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Information for Project Leaders
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- How Does Electricity Work
- Electric Box
- Energy Kids
- The Power of Electricity (University of Florida IFAS Extension)
- Information and activities on static electricity
Service Project Ideas
- Conduct an electric safety hazard hunt in your home and the homes of your friends and neighbors.
- Make and display posters about electric safety.
- Teach younger children about electric safety.