The 4-H Horse program is part of the Animal Science project. The program will allow you to develop horsemanship skills. You will also learn skills through educational activities such as horse judging, horse bowls, hippology, speech, and demonstration contests. You don’t have to own a horse to be involved.
Create a project plan and record your project successes.
Follow the links below to find some great online resources for your project. Surf around and see what you can learn!
- Breeds of Horses
- Livestock e-Quiz (University of Illinois Extension)
- National Horse Associations:
Service Project Ideas
- Volunteer at a riding program for disabled children and adults.
- Volunteer to feed horses while a friend or neighbor is out of town.
- Volunteer to clean stalls and/or tack for a local stable.
- Make an exhibit about West Nile virus and display it in a public place.