The state dairy judging competition was held Thursday August 24, in Lebanon at the Wilson County fairgrounds. Ten teams from across the state participated in the contest. Members evaluated six classes and presented oral reasons on three classes. The first place team was from Henry County and will be representing Tennessee at the National 4-H Dairy Cattle Judging Contest in Madison, WI in October. The winning team members included Murray Perkins, Alexis Caldwell, Hannah Hutson and Kara Barnhart. Murray Perkins won High individual and High individual for Oral Reasons. The team was coached by Ms. Laura Moss. Second place went to the Jefferson County team. They will be representing Tennessee at the North American International Livestock Expo (NAILE) in Louisville, KY in November. Third place honors were awarded to the Lincoln County team and will be representing Tennessee at the All American Invitational Youth Dairy Dallet Judging Contest, to be held during the 2017 All-American Dairy Show in Harrisburg, PA in September. Congratulations to all teams and we wish them well at nationals!
Henry County A Wins 2017 State Dairy Judging Contest!
- High Individual: Murray Perkins
- High Individual Oral Reasons: Murray Perkins
- First place – Henry County A: Murray Perkins, Alexis Caldwell, Hannah Hutson, and Kara Barnhart.
- Second place – Jefferson County: John Ryan Scarlett, Jacob Bales, Ariel Lane, and Dylan Perry.
- Third place – Lincoln County B: Alex Moore, Nic Bradley, Jana Owen, and Lily Cowan.