The inaugural Tennessee 4-H Performing & Fine Arts Camp will be held from July 5-7, 2023 at Clyde York 4-H Center in Crossville, Tennessee.
There are four tracks offered that include: theatre performance, musical performance (instrumental and vocal), dance, and fine arts. Each applicant will be able to choose their top two tracks to increase the chance of selection. Youth may only select one track if they are not well-versed in more than one area.
The 4-H members encouraged to apply would be in senior high which is 9th-12th grades as of January 1, 2023. who are not beginners in their performing or fine arts area. Applications will be reviewed and twelve to fifteen youth will be selected for each track to attend the camp. The cost is $235 per person which includes lodging, meals, materials, and supplies, as well as a souvenir. Note: transportation will not be provided.
- If a 4-H member is selected to attend in the musical performance – instrumental category, they will need to bring their own instrument
- The fine arts track will include creating image transfer techniques, exploring mark-making and texture-creating tools and techniques, designing nature-inspired collage canvases, developing composition skills using digital photography, and experimenting with color theory and paint mediums
- Transportation WILL NOT be provided to or from camp. If an agent is able and willing to transport delegates, mileage should be charged to the county, or the delegates may be charged a fee. That should be handled by each county individually.
- This camp will include an application; just because a 4-H member applies to attend does not mean they will be chosen
- The application process includes a Google Form and applicants should be prepared to upload a video or pictures of their talent
- Applications will be reviewed, and 12-15 youth will be selected for each track
The application for Performing & Fine Arts Camp can be found at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDJFEYgm4QMOPG7HQwhgsN9mX7AxE9GWVQzZuOw6zMteE2Lg/viewform.
The County Information Sheet gives an overview of what applicants should upload depending on the track they select. It can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfnpaC_4Vq7i4dKzfdLqe2Ob0y76cr8UYrRiyAi8M8s/edit?usp=sharing
The schedule for the camp is attached. This is tentative and may change. More information for the camp will be sent to the chosen delegates before camp.
On the last day of the camp, parents will be invited to attend a Showcase. Parents should not arrive prior to 1:30 p.m. and the Showcase will begin at 1:45 p.m. Immediately following the Showcase, youth will be released to leave.
The promotional flyers for the camp are attached and can be used on social media. Thanks to Celina Menard for creating such great-looking promotional items.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 31. Delegates selected will be notified by Monday, April 10. Upon announcing the delegates, a SUPER link will be sent for you to register your county youth and collect their camp fee.
Agents and specialists who are assisting in planning and will attend the Performing & Fine Arts Camp include Wesley Brewer, Whitney Whittaker, Maggie Goodman, Daniel Collins, Lori Gallimore, Celina Menard, Jamie Harris, and myself.
The 2023-24 4-H PAT live and virtual audition information and registration link is posted. Contact Daniel P. Collins should you have questions.