Scott Reese, 4-H Outdoor Education Specialist
Please share this information with your Shooting Sports Volunteer Leaders.
Tennessee 4-H is excited to roll out the online portion of the State 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certification training in conjunction with the upcoming in-person discipline specific training on October 3, 2020 that will be held at Clyde York 4-H Center in Crossville.
4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certification
There are 2 portions of training to gain certification.
- Four eLearning Modules located on K@TE (link below). – 4 Hours
- In-person training, discipline specific, in Crossville, TN on 10/3/2020—9 Hours
The cost for the certification is $100
- Make checks payable to the Tennessee 4-H Foundation, note for Shooting Sports training, and mail to the TN 4-H Foundation (2621 Morgan Cr, Room 205, Knoxville, TN 37996).
Volunteers seeking Shooting Sports certification
- Volunteers must be a Level 3 Volunteer according to the Tennessee Extension Volunteer Classification process, prior to attending the in-person portion of the training.
- Requirements found on this chart located.
- Contact your county 4-H agent if you are not Level 3 certified.
1. eLearning Modules in K@TE
- There is no SUPER registration necessary for the online training
- There is no cost for the online training
- Volunteers can go to the link below, scroll to the bottom to see all the courses and Shooting Sports is the last on the list.
- Employees should login to K@TE , Search for 4-H Shooting Sports in the search box.
- Complete all 4 eLearning modules
- Print your Certificate of Completion
- After completion of the 4 modules, click the x to close out of the last module, then click the dropdown beside “Options” and select “View Completion Page”, from there you can view, save and print your Certificate of Completion.
- It is not necessary to bring this certificate with you to the in-person training, we can access the records from K@TE.
- Click the “Evaluate This Training” link to give feedback that will increase the quality of the eLearning experience.
This DOES NOT complete your certification. As a Tennessee 4-H Shooting Sports Leader, you must attend the in-person training on October 3, 2020 also.
2. In-Person Discipline Specific Training
October 3, 2020,
- Clyde York 4-H Center, Crossville
- 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (9 hours) with a working lunch provided
- Register by 9/25 in SUPER.
- DEADLINE for registration in SUPER is September 25, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. EST
- Hunting & Outdoor Skills
- You do Not need to bring your own firearms, bows, or air rifles.
- You DO need to bring your eye & ear protection, and a Covid mask
COVID-19/Social Distancing Guidelines
At the time of the event, current COVID-19/Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place to keep all participants and staff safe.
Bring a Mask. Even though most of the training will be outside, because of the nature of the training, there may be some interaction with the instructor that is inside the 6 ft. distance.