Scott Reese, 4-H Outdoor Education Specialist
Please share this information with your Shooting Sports Volunteer Leaders.
Tennessee 4-H is excited to roll out the online portion of the State 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certification training in conjunction with the upcoming in-person discipline specific training on October 3, 2020 that will be held at Clyde York 4-H Center in Crossville.
4-H Shooting Sports Leader Certification
There are 2 portions of training to gain certification.
- Four eLearning Modules located on K@TE (link below). – 4 Hours
- In-person training, discipline specific, in Crossville, TN on 10/3/2020—9 Hours
The cost for the certification is $100
- Make checks payable to the Tennessee 4-H Foundation, note for Shooting Sports training, and mail to the TN 4-H Foundation (2621 Morgan Cr, Room 205, Knoxville, TN 37996).
Volunteers seeking Shooting Sports certification
- Volunteers must be a Level 3 Volunteer according to the Tennessee Extension Volunteer Classification process, prior to attending the in-person portion of the training.
- Requirements found on this chart located.
- Contact your county 4-H agent if you are not Level 3 certified.
1. eLearning Modules in K@TE
- Employees K@TE , Search for 4-H Shooting Sports
- Print your Certificate of Completion
2. In-Person Discipline Specific Training
October 3, 2020,
- Clyde York 4-H Center, Crossville
- 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (9 hours) with a working lunch provided
- Register by 9/25 in SUPER.
- Hunting & Outdoor Skills