Dr. Sue Byrd, Adjunct Instructor
The Tennessee 4-H Line & Design and Clothing & Textiles Committee is a newly organized group consisting of 4-H Agents, Volunteer Leaders, 4-H’ers, Adults and Retired Agents that are working toward the promotion and long-term sustaining of the projects by:
- Creating social platforms for 4-Hers to share ideas and completed project activities. Encourage your 4-H’ers to visit & participate in the following social media groups:
- Increasing funding for project needs for state competitions and events in the 2 project.
- Developing additional opportunities for 4-Hers to showcase their work and become involved in the projects.
- Developing additional curriculum activities/lessons based on outcomes- beginners (Level 1) for Clothing and Textiles now available online, for Line and Design completed and soon to be available, intermediate levels (Level 2) to be completed this summer.
- The Committee has concluded that a name change of Line and Design Project is needed to better reflect the project as a whole. The new name will be Creative Arts and Design. This change will be ongoing as we work to adjust all areas where the name Line & Design is used.
- Next week Dr Byrd will share more information about both project areas: Clothing & Tex- tiles and Creative Arts & Design.