Dwight Loveday, Interim Assistant Dean & Department Head
Last week the UTIA Awards and Promotions Luncheon was held. We extend our congratulations to Lori Gallimore for winning the Lloyd and Nettie Downen Endowment Fund Leadership Enhancement Award. This award was established by Dr. and Mrs. Downen, dean emeritus of the Agricultural Extension Service, to recognize extension faculty who serve in leadership roles. Lori plans to use the award to increase her leadership knowledge in understanding change management, cultural management and critical thinking. She will complete two courses that will lead to her certification in Change Management. She plans to use the resources to develop trainings for UT Extension. Again, congratulations Lori!
Several members of the 4-H team received awards:
- Natalie Bumgarner (Plant Sciences) – Ann and Bill Hicks Outstanding New Extension Worker, J.E. Moss Achievement
- Shannon DeWitt (Union Co.) – TAAA&S-Hicks Award of Excellence
- John Goddard (Loudon Co.) – TAAA&S-Hicks Award of Excellence
- Laurie Mobley (Houston Co.) – TAAA&S-Hicks Award of Excellence
- Lynne Middleton (Bradley Co.) – G.L. Carter Jr. Outstanding 4-H Youth Development Agent
- Gary Rodgers (Hardeman Co.) – Alice Ann Moore Outstanding 4-H Agent
- Whitney Danhof (Bedford Co.) – The Charles and Julie Wharton Award for Outstanding Ex- tension Achievements
- Sharon Tubbs (Madison Co.) – The Charles and Julie Wharton Award for Outstanding Exten- sion Achievements
- Gregg Upchurch (Cumberland Co.) – The Charles and Julie Wharton Award for Outstanding Extension Achievements
- Glenn Turner (Sevier Co.) – William D. Bishop Outstanding Service Award
Additionally, congratulations to the many Extension Agents and Extension Specialists that received promotions. This high recognition number is a testament to the high quality individuals we have working on the Tennessee 4-H team.