Jamie Harris, Extension Specialist
The 2022 Dairy Poster Contest theme is “Journey to the Center of the Dairy Farm.” The theme, rules, and guidelines for the contest are listed on the website. This annual contest is sponsored by the Southeast United Dairy Industry Association (SUDIA). The deadline for entry is April 22.
The rules and guidelines:
Rules and Guidelines:
- Poster size: 14″ x 22″
- Grades: 4th-12th
- The theme of the poster: “Dairy Potter”
Postmarked by April 22 and sent in a flat container to:
P.O. Box 77
Loretto, KY 40037
There will be one “Best Use of Theme” winner per county. The county 4-H agent will be responsible for determining the county winner and submitting the poster for state judging.
Past first-place state winners are ineligible to win state prizes again.
- Please mail the posters in a flat container.
- Virtual posters should be submitted as a Jpeg file and judged with regular posters.
- If you choose to submit a virtual poster, submit it here:
- There will be one “Best Use of Theme” winner per county. The 4-H agent will determine the county winner and submit the poster for state judging. Past first-place state winners are ineligible to win state prizes again.
On the back of the poster, include the following information:
- Number of posters entered in your local contest
- Child’s T-shirt size (if known)
- Name, address, and telephone number of the winner
- Agent’s name, county, and telephone number
- ADA of Tennessee will select judges. Posters will be returned to the state 4-H office. “Best Use of Theme” winning posters will be displayed at various places throughout the fall and will be returned to the state 4-H office at the end of the year.
- State winners will be announced after the judging is completed.
County winner: T-shirt
- First place – $550
- Second place – $300
- Third place – $200