Aaron Fisher, Extension Specialist Animal Science
The 4-H Animal Science Agent In-services are scheduled for early February. Below are the dates and locations. Each daily session is planned from 8:30am-4pm local time at each location.
Agents from each region will be involved in the teaching of these sessions, so it is a great opportunity for an Animal Science update as well as hearing about success stories from your peers. These sessions were planned by the Agent In-service subcommittee of the 4-H Animal Science Workgroup (Martin Koon, Staci Foy, Tori Pritchett and Walter Malone).
Monday, February 7 – Jackson
Tuesday, February 8 – Murfreesboro
Wednesday, February 9 – Knoxville
The meeting agenda will look something like this:
- Session 1 (50 mins) – 4-H Animal Science General Overview
- Session 2 (50 mins) – Recruiting the Volunteer
- Session 3 (50 mins) – Animal Science Curriculum, training resources, and other opportunities
- Lunch – provided
- Session 4 (40 mins) – Rules and Guidelines
- Session 5 (40 mins) – Entry Forms, Showare, Registration Papers, Health Care Requirement
- Session 6 (40 mins) – Planning and Conducting a County Livestock (chick chain)/Horse Show
- Session 7 (40 mins) – Tagging and Tattooing
Specific meeting locations can be found when you register in SUPER.
If you have questions, contact Aaron Fisher.