Attention 4th Grade 4-H’ers…
Enter a cornbread recipe for your chance to be one of the 10 finalists invited to participate in The National Cornbread Festival Youth Cook-Off on April 26, 2020
- 1st: $500 cash and special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- Teacher and 4-H Agent or Program Assistant of winner each receive $50
- 2nd: $250 cash and special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- 3rd: $100 cash and special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- Seven Honorable Mention Prices: $50 cash and gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
Youth traveling more than 100 miles to the competition will receive $100 travel money.
Submit your recipe by March 1st to:
Marion County 4-H
302 Betsy Pack Drive
Jasper, TN 37347
Full contest rules can be found on our Website or on the National Cornbread website.
Programs in agriculture and natural resources, 4-H youth development, family and consumer sciences, and resource development. University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture and county governments cooperating. UT Extension provides equal in programs and employment.
Real Life Solutions
2020 4-H Cornbread Cook-Off Guidelines
Lodge Cast Iron seeks original recipes for the 2020 National Cornbread Festival Youth Cook-Off.
- Each recipe must include at least one cup of Martha White Corn Meal or one package of Martha White corn meal mix and be cooked in Lodge cast iron.
- This competition is open to all 4th grade 4-H club members.
- If selected as top-ten finalist, the 4-H’er must be willing to attend the festival for the cook-off.
- Entries must be received by March 1, 2020. UT Extension, Martha White and Lodge Manufacturing Company are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail.
- Send entries (recipes) to: Vicki S. Lofty, County Director, 2020 4 -H Cornbread Cook- Off, 302 Betsy Pack Drive, Jasper, TN 37347, Phone: 423-942-2656 or complete them on line and email the entries.
- Clearly label your recipe as 4:-H Youth. It must include:
- Your recipe legibly written, printed or typewritten on a sheet of 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper with your name, complete address and phone number.
- Each recipe must include U.S. standard measurements, complete preparation instructions, cooking times and temperatures, number of servings, size of pans and any special utensils or cookware.
- Ten finalists will be notified on or about April 1, 2020. All finalists must participate, in the cook-off in South Pittsburgh, TN. April 26, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. to be eligible to win a prize. Groceries and kitchen equipment needed by the finalist for recipe preparation at the festival are the responsibility of the finalist. Gas stoves/ovens are provided for use by participants.
- No mixes other than the corn meal. Judging will be based on creativity as well as flavor, texture, appearance, ease of preparation and appropriate use of products.
- First Prize: $500 cash & special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- Teacher and 4-H Agent or Program Assistant of winner each receive $50.
- Second Prize: $250 cash & special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- Third Prize: $100 cash & special gifts from Lodge Cast Iron.
- All prizes will be awarded April 26, 2020. Contest void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Contestants agree to be quoted and/or photographed and to use of their names and photographs in any form for publicity, advertising and/or trade purposes by UT Extension or Lodge Manufacturing Company.
Lodge Manufacturing is the owner of the recipe with all accompanying rights and may alter or amend it to meet Lodge Manufacturing Company recipe standards.
For more information about the National Cornbread Festival go visit the National Cornbread website.
Vicki S. Lofty, County Director – 2020 4-H Cornbread Cook-Off
302 Betsy Pack Drive, Jasper, Tennessee 37348
Entry Deadline: March 1, 2002 or email Vicki S. Lofty.