Joseph Donaldson, Assistant Professor
Understanding Extension and land-grant history has been identified as an important topic in various studies of Extension professional competencies, including the 4-H Professional Research, Knowledge, and Competencies Study (Stone & Rennekamp, 2004). Defining Moments: Review of History of Extension and the Land-Grant University System Facilitation Guide is a new publication suitable for a number of uses such as:
- Educating new Extension employees, volunteers, local government officials, and donors
- Orienting citizens serving on Extension advisory councils
- Sharing information with participants in Extension leadership programs
Defining Moments: Review of History of Extension and the Land-Grant University System Facilitation Guide is only available online.
For the next few weeks, we will share a question in IDEAS.
Test your knowledge and look for the answer in future issues of IDEAS.
This Week’s Question
On an annual basis, the Smith-Lever Act provides more funds to states with a higher percentage of ________________?
- Rural population and farm population
- Rural poverty and food processors
- Urban population and food production
- Urban poverty and farm bankruptcies
Stone, B., & Rennekamp, R. (2004). New Foundations for the 4-H Youth Development Profession: 4-H Professional Research, Knowledge, and Competencies Study, 2004. Conducted in cooperation with the National 4-H Professional Development Task Force. National 4-H Headquarters, CSREES, USDA.