Shelby Brawner, Extension Specialist
The deadline for posters to be submitted to the State 4-H Office is Thursday, February 20, 2020. Be sure to check your regional calendar for the date posters are due in the regional office. Please see be- low for the guidelines:
Each region may submit up to 10 entries in the state contest. Contact your regional office for regional contest guidelines (such as the number of posters each county can submit to the regional contest) and the regional poster entry due date.
- Poster may be made by a 4-H member, a club, or a team of members.
- Posters must be 14 inches by 22 inches.
- Posters must have a horizontal layout.
- Name, address, county, and grade of the 4-H member(s) should be clearly written on the back of each poster.
- The topic of the poster should be related to 4-H.
- Well known cartoon figures cannot be used as they are copyrighted. Examples include Marvel super heroes, Disney characters, Ninja Turtles, Lego characters, Pokémon characters, etc.
- Three dimensional objects or materials which extend 1/8 inch or more above the surface of the poster may not be used.
- When using the 4-H emblem on the poster, you should follow the criteria specified by the national guidelines regarding use of the 4-H emblem. Do not place text or other images over or on top of the 4-H emblem. No photo, drawing, symbol, word, or other figure or object may be placed on or obscure the 4-H emblem. The official colors should not be altered. The 4-H emblem stem should turn to the right only and should not be slanted. For more information on the proper use of the 4-H name and emblem, visit the 4-H website.
- The poster design must be original in design and layout. Copies from previous year winning posters will be automatically disqualified.
Posters that do not follow the rules will be disqualified.
Poster judging resource: The Poster Art Score Card form located on the 4-H website may be utilized by counties and regions for poster judging.
The top 10 state winning posters will receive a purple rosette and $25.00. The remaining state poster entries will receive a blue ribbon.