Carmen G. Burgos, Extension Specialist
We are now using an online 4-H College Scholarship Program to submit scholarship applications. The program is very easy to use. Each section has brief instructions to follow. A summary chart of college scholarships is available on our web site. Note that not all of the scholarships require youth to major in agriculture or attend UTK. Some scholarships are also available to youth who have already completed one year of college so read the guidelines carefully!
There is additional information on each scholarship in the Awards and Recognition Hand- book, Section VI. The handbook is located on our web site (click on the Green AWARDS circle and select Recognition.) In addition to the summary chart, there are other resources available on the web page to facilitate the process of completing the application. Make sure you read those resources before you start working on the application. Among the re- sources is a User Guide for the application process. The link to the application program is on the Tennessee 4-H Scholarship website.
The online process requires an electronic approval from the county agent before the applicant submits the final application to the state 4-H office. This feature is to allow the agent to review and give feedback on the content of the application. The applicant can then review and update the information on the application be- fore submitting the document to the state 4-H office.
Applications are due on the date announced by the county Extension agent and must be submitted to the state office no later than May 1*. After May 1, the pro- gram locks and applications will not be accept- ed.
Listing of 4-H College Scholarships:
- African-American Scholarship – $300
- Alpha Gamma Rho Agricultural Scholarship (AGR) – $500
- Alan Peace Memorial Scholarship – $1,000
- Arthur Wells Memorial Scholarship – $500
- Charline H. Powell Scholarship – $1000
- Earl Knepp Agricultural Scholarship – $600
- Farm Credit Services of Mid-America 4-H Scholarship – $1000
- FarmHouse Agricultural Scholarship – $500
- Gilbert N. Rhodes Agricultural Scholarship – $1,000
- G.L. Herrington Agricultural Scholarship (due 3/1) – $1000
- Harold Robbins Agricultural Scholarship – $300
- Hamilton-Brown Scholarship – $500
- Lovelace-McKinney Scholarship (renewable for 4 years) – $1500/semester
- Mary Basinger Elliott Memorial Scholarship – $1500
- Mary Stanfill Family & Consumer Sciences Scholarship – $200
- Mary Stanfill Memorial Scholarship – $1000
- Richard Shadden Memorial Scholarship – $250
- Stephen McNeil Memorial Scholarship – $500
- TEAFCS Scholarship – $500
- TFGA Mary B. Cooper Scholarship – $500
- Tennessee Farm Bureau Health Plans Nursing Scholarship – $1250
- Troy & Susie Johnson Memorial Scholarship – $500
- UTK Collegiate 4-H Scholarship – $250.00
- W.B. & Imogene Kyker Agricultural Scholarship – $250