The 2018 state 4-H livestock and meats judging contests have been set for Tuesday, June 5, in the Animal Science arena at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each region is eligible to send four teams to each event. Those qualifying include:
- Eastern Region: Union County, Hamblen County B, Hamblen County A, Cocke County
- Central Region: Lincoln County, Wilson County, Sumner County, Bedford County
- Western Region: Henry County, Gibson County, Decatur County, Henderson County
- Eastern Region: Monroe County and Sevier County
- Central Region: Lincoln County, Bedford County, Rutherford County and Sumner County
- Western Region: Weakley County , Gibson County and Lauderdale County
Please verify as soon as possible that your team will attend. If they decide not to compete, we would like to offer the opportunity to the next team in ranking order.
Register your team and guests attending the banquet in SUPER. This will allow us to ef- fectively plan for the event and the meal.
The deadline to register in SUPER is Friday, May 25th.
On June 5th, registration will be at 8:45 a.m. EST, group instruction begins at 9:15 EST with the contests getting underway at 9:30 a.m. This is an earlier start than in previous years. There will be an awards banquet at approximately 5:00 p.m. EST, in Hollingsworth Auditorium.
Questions can be directed to the following:
- Meats Judging – Dr. H Dwight Loveday
- Livestock Judging – Zach Bartenslager or Kayla-Jo Farmer
- Logistics/Registration – Trudi Neubeck