Lori Gallimore, Extension Specialist
No Changes for 2020
WHAT?!?! It can’t be!!! I have waited four years to say this — “There are no changes to the structure for this year’s 4-H project e-portfolio.” Ooohhhh! This makes me so happy!
Now … with all of this being said, this does not mean that the project e-portfolio works has stopped. No sir! We are currently working on an update to the online judging system based on your very, helpful comments from last year. For those of you who have a state judging assignment in May, you will get to use this new system. It will still work and look the same … but hopefully better. Our goal is to streamline the function of the online judging system to make it cleaner and easier to follow. Additionally, we are working on aligning the semantics between the rubric and the judging system so what we are asking our 4-H’ers to include in their portfolio and what we are asking you to judge in the portfolio is a perfect match.
Reminders for 2020
- Judging Begins February 1
- e-Portfolio judging for Leadership and Citizenship competition will begin on February 1, 2020.
- SUPER Registration
- Password Protection
- It is very, very important that your 4-H’ers websites are password protected for cyber security purposes. e-PORTFOLIOS SHOULD BE PUBLSIEHD USING A PASSWORD. Step-by-step instructions on how to set up password protection for your 4-H’ers website can be found using the “help” button from Wix or by reading the following article (originally published on January 11, 2019).
- Do NOT Include 2020 Forms for February Competition
- Remember, the forms that should be included in this competition are 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016. Do not include any 2020 forms. It’s just February … they haven’t done that much yet! Save those and work on them for the May (main project) competition. This will give your 4-H’ers more time to fine-tune those 2019 records to ensure that they are in tip-top shape!
- Project Goals
- Also, please remember, the 4-H project goals are now part of the Section A, B and C forms. If you have a 4-H member who has been a part of the program for many years, they may have goals on “Thinking Ahead and Looking Back” forms. This is fine and nothing needs to be retyped. They can include those forms on the website as they are. However, the “Thinking Ahead and Looking Back” forms should only be used for records prior to 2019.
- Which Project Area Should I Enter?
- If your 4-H’er has exceptional work in both Leadership and Citizenship, they may enter both competitions. You will indicate this when you enter their information into SUPER. The top score will be used to determine their placement for state competition at Congress.
- Where are all of those resources?
- A number of resources have been developed to help you navigate the development of your e-portfolio. Because the website is in transition, if you would like to have a copy of the updated 2020 ePortfolio guidelines please email. They will be posted on the website at a later date.
All of the training videos – can be found on the 4-H website by clicking “Programs” from the front page and then scrolling to the bottom, or by gong to the 4-H website.
As always, if you have any questions … please don’t hesitate to contact me! I’m looking
forward to seeing your entries!