INFO TO KNOW
The Tide Pod Challenge
The current “Tide Pod Challenge” is sweeping the nation. Teens are being challenged to consume plastic laundry detergent pods and post a video of it to social media.
What is the “Tide Pod Challenge?”
- Teens attempt to consume a plastic, laundry detergent pod
- Challenge first began as a joke, but now poison control centers are warning parents about this dangerous activity
- Risks of this viral dare include: choking on the liquid by inhaling it, vomiting, change in blood pressure & heart rate, having seizures, and losing consciousness
- Ingredients in the detergent can burn the mouth, digestive system, and stomach
- When teens partake in the challenge, they upload videos of themselves eating the pods & post to social media for validation
Why you should NOT partake in the “Tide Pod Challenge”
- It’s incredibly dangerous. It’s essentially ingesting poison.
- Ingesting even a tiny bit can lead to serious health repercussions.
- If the detergent makes its way into the bloodstream, the effects could be fatal.
YouTube is now deleting any channels that have any videos of people eating the laundry detergent pods.