The June Dairy Month kick off luncheon was held on Wednesday, May 30 at Battle Mountain Farms near Nashville. Participating in the June Dairy Month kickoff luncheon, where 4-Hers were involved in the Dairy Quiz Bowl contest (13 teams) as well as 2017 June Dairy Month contest winners, 2018 post- er contest winners and 2018 June Dairy Month chairpersons. Several speakers including three 4-H project winners and and a special guest speaker, Geroge Wilson, retired TN Titans player.
Congratulations to the state winning teams. They are as follows:
- Williamson County
- Coach: Wendi Lamb
- Hannah Osborne
- Sam Lamb
- Presley Noland
- Will Poynor
- Marshall County
- Coach: Julie Giles
- Jayme Ozburn
- Ellarose Strasser
- Jacob Gillespie
- Jacob Johns
The following state winners were also announced at the June Dairy Month Luncheon.
Featured speakers – state 4-H project winners
- Ashley Bell – Dairy Project
- Abigail Ferguson – Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
- Kathryn Fellhoelter – Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
Tennessee Poster Contest Winners:
- First Place $550 – Caitlin Dunn, Hamilton Co.
- Second Place $300 – Aiden Crider, Dickson Co.
- Third Place $200 – Raegan Davis, Montgomery Co.
2017 Chairperson Winners:
- Media Award of $250 , Evan England, Marion Co.
- Best Use of Theme Award $250 – Paige Daven- port, Macon Co.
Three Overall State Awards: $500 Prize Awarded To:
- Paige Davenport, Macon Co.
- Lilly Cowan, Lincoln Co.
- Annie Hunt, Sumner Co.