Justin Crowe, Extension Specialist
The Tennessee 4-H Beef Industry Council is offering an opportunity exclusively to Tennessee 4-H members. They are sponsoring the annual Savor the Flavor video contest for our 4-H members. This contest is offered in an effort to engage youth grades 6-12 in promoting beef recipes in a “Tasty” style recipe video.
Contest rules and regulations are as follows.
- Contestants must be in grades 6-12, as of January 1, 2020.
- Contestants will create videos using a beef recipe from Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner website. The video must include simple step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the beef recipe.
- Videos must be at least one minute in length (no longer than two minutes) and uploaded to YouTube.
- YouTube video links must be submitted Janna Sullivan by June 19, 2020. YouTube video links are the only acceptable video format. In Submission email include: YouTube link, name, address, phone number, county and grade (as of January 1, 2020).
- Winners will be notified no later than July 1, 2020, and posted on Tennessee Beef Industry Council’s social media outlets.
- All video submissions must remain active on YouTube until July 15, 2020.
- All video submissions become eligible to be shared by Tennessee Beef Industry Council.
- All videos will be judged by staff currently working in the online environment using the criteria below.
The first place winner with receive $200, second $150 and third $100. For more information on this awesome contest, please visit The Beef page.
For questions, email Janna Sullivan at Tennessee Beef Industry Council by phone at 615-896-5811.